The differences between "see", "look" and "watch"
“看手機”用英文怎么說?See?Look?Watch?其實都不是......
See means to notice or become aware of (someone or something) by using your eyes.
“See”的意思是用眼睛注意到或意識到(某人或某物)。
The moment we saw the house, we knew we wanted to buy it.
我們一看到這房子就知道我們要買。
He crouched down so he couldn’t be seen.
他蹲下來好讓別人看不見他。
Can I see your ticket, please?
我能看看你的票嗎?
I see what you mean.
我明白你的意思。
The verb to look means to deliberately apply the ability to see. In other words, it means to make a conscious effort to see something. To look is usually followed by at or for.
動詞“look”的意思是有意識地運用“see”的能力。換句話說,它的意思是付出努力或注意力去看某物。一般后邊跟at或者for。
If you look carefully you can see that the painting represents a human figure.
如果仔細看,就會看出畫上是一個人形。
‘It’s time we left,’ Ian said, looking at his watch.
“我們該走了?!币炼骺戳丝幢碚f。
The men all turned to look at her as she entered the room.
她走進房間的時候,所有男人都轉過來看她。
Watch means to look at (someone or something) for an amount of time and pay attention to what is happening.
Watch的意思是看(某人或某事)一段時間,注意正在發生的事情。
We sat and watched the sunset.
我們坐下來看日落。
Watch carefully. You may learn something.
仔細看,也許你能學到點東西。
Watch your head on the shelf.
小心頭,別碰到架子。
She watches the kids for us occasionally.
她偶爾會替我們照看孩子。
check the phone :
表達下意識的查看手機,看看有沒有新消息。
look through the phone:
look through 意為查看,翻閱,就是翻看手機。
Don't check / look through your phone at the dinner table.
別老在吃飯的時候看手機。
(來源:外研社 編輯:丹妮)
本文轉載自中國日報網,如有侵權,請聯系我們刪除。